Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Little Old Me, A To Z

 photo wednesday_zpsfe17e669.jpg
|wednesday seventeenth september |



I apologise for the short post today! I decided to do an A to Z of myself, which I found on a fellow blogger's profile. It's a very "un-me" thing to do & sort of reminds me of the incomparably lame lists people used to upload on Myspace, back when I was pre-pubescent & didn't know any better. If you've ever had the burning desire to ask me a probing question, here are some of the answers. 


A. Age: 22
B. Bed Size: Single - my feet dangle over the end, partly because I'm a tall mutant & partly because I collect cushions, so there are approximately seven hundred thousand taking up the room on my mattress.
C. Chore That You Despise: I'm not one for chores in general, if I'm honest. Anything to do with cleaning, especially hoovering. Or loading the dishwasher.
D. Dogs: Love. Especially my three-year-old cocker-spaniel, Ronald Eddie Dexter Chadbourn, whose favourite things include pappadums, croissants, open fireplaces & long walks - pretentious, huh. 
E. Essential Start To Your Day: Music. I have to set the perfect song for my alarm, otherwise I tend to wake up in a mood. It changes from time to time, but currently, it's Wouldn't It Be Nice by the Beach Boys. 
F. Favourite Colour: Forest Green.
G. Gold Or Silver: Silver.
H. Height: 5 foot 9 and a 1/2 inches - that half inch is extremely important. The thing about my height is, I was rather short for most of my childhood, right up until I was about seventeen, when I had this magical growth spurt & suddenly became one of the tallest people I knew. Weird.
I. Instruments You Play: Violin, Guitar, Ukulele & I sing - my voice is my instrument of choice.
J. Job Title: Freelance Journalist, Creative Curator, Aspiring Novelist & Free-loading Graduate.
K. Kids: One day. I love children of all kinds, shapes & sizes. When I'm married to Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen or Johnny Depp, I hope to have three or four. 
L. Live: Mercia, England.
M: Mother's Name: Elizabeth Marie Theresa.
N. Nicknames: There are so many. Bets, mainly. Chadbourn, Chadders, Betsy-Boo, B, B-Shawaddy, B-Chad, Betty. My brother calls me Bet. My father calls me Simba - because of my mad, mane-like hair - and Boogle, because, well, dads are odd. And there are a few unsuitable to print, of course, thanks to my dear friends.
O. Overnight Hospital Stays: After I was born, a very incompetent doctor managed to crack open my skull and spill spinal fluid everywhere, which partly explains why I'm insane but also seems to be a record for fastest injury post-birth. When I was six I had terribly serious Meningitis, which meant that I was in the hospital for a long while. A couple of years ago I was rushed to Edinburgh Infirmary with what I thought was appendicitis, but was actually food poisoning from my darling best friend's glorious cooking. Apart from that, I've been to hospital a number of times, including: two car crashes, that time my brother threw a rock at my head & that time I fell over and almost ripped my legs clean off. I enjoy beating out death, as you can see.
P. Pet Peeves: When people are late, mostly. Slow walking when I'm in a hurry. And for some reason, vibrato whistling really bugs me. 
Q. Quote From A Book & A Movie: My literature quote is from my most-loved & treasured book of all time, On The Road by Jack Kerouac - "The only people for me are the mad ones". I couldn't decide on just one cinema quote, because I have so many favourite movies. So I picked two, one from It's A Wonderful Life, because, despite being relatively unemotional as a human, this line comes right at the end of the film and gets me every time - "To my big brother George, the richest man in town". And the other from Almost Famous, because Penny Lane is my idol & I semi live my life by this quote - "I always tell girls, don't take it seriously. If you don't take it seriously, you never get hurt. If you never get hurt, you always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends ".
R: Right Or Left Handed: Right.
S. Siblings: One younger brother, Joseph Nathaniel, who is twenty. One younger sister, Eve Christiane, who is fourteen. 
T. Travelling: I am unashamed to say that I have extreme wanderlust syndrome. If I had the pennies, I would be on the road every day of my life, from now until forever. My favourite place in the world is America, especially the east coast, from New Hampshire to Virginia. Although, I still have to visit the rest of it. I'm especially keen to see Washington, Tennessee, Wyoming & California. Otherwise, I'm planning a European locomotive adventure, from Italy to Iceland. I've had a Scandinavian obsession for a long while now & will not stop until I've seen every inch of it. 
U. Underwear: I'm not too sure what this is asking, but yes, I do wear it.. most of the time. I'm one for matching sets, because I think it looks neat. I'm not one for incredibly skimpy underwear, because I don't really see the point. I like boy shorts and hipsters and black lace.
V. Vegetable You Hate: I love nearly all vegetables - one of the joys of being a vegetarian, I suppose. Not too fond of butternut squash, but that's about it. 
W. What Makes You Run Late: Nothing. I despise being late & make a point of arriving at least a quarter of an hour early to every thing. 
X. X-Rays You've Had: I'm not too sure how many.. I've been to hospital enough times (see above) so I'm positive I've had a few. But I've never broken a bone - touch wood - despite my innate and unwavering clumsiness. 
Y. Yummy Things You Make: I cook & bake an awful lot, so it would take forever to write everything down. Also, do you not think this question is rather leading towards a place of arrogance? How bold. The most recent thing I concocted were some gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free muffins with yoghurt frosting AND I picked the damsons, apples & plums that went inside. Domestic Goddess right here, folks. 
Z. Zoo Animal: This is genuinely the most difficult question. I love animals & have a long list of personal favourites. My top five are, owls, wolves, bats, foxes & ducks, although I adore otters, deer and elephants, too. My favourite zoo animal would probably be penguins - I have an adopted one at Edinburgh Zoo, called Pingin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment